The Indian Institute of Management (IIM) brand has now become synonymous with innovation, talent, and zeal for success and contribution in management. The government of India established IIM Jammu in Jammu and Kashmir in 2016.
Ph.D. at IIM Jammu
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) is a full-time doctoral programme that offers research scholars opportunities for advanced studies and research in a different areas of ‘management’. The programme aims to prepare research scholars for careers in teaching and research in management studies, for careers in the academic institutions and in other related disciplines and organizations that require advanced analytical and research capabilities.
Areas/ Specialization (5 Areas)
- Business Policy and Strategy
- Finance and Accounting
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Organizational Behaviour and HRM
|Business Policy & Strategy||CAT/GRE/GMAT /UGC-JRF/UGC-NET in specific area|
|Finance and Accounting||CAT/GMAT/GRE/ UGC-JRF/UGC-NET in specific area|
|Operations & Supply Chain Management||CAT/GMAT/GRE/GATE/ UGC-JRF/UGC-NET in specific area|
|Organisational Behaviour and HRM||CAT/GMAT/GRE/ UGC-JRF/UGC-NET in specific area|
|Marketing||CAT/GMAT/GRE/ UGC-JRF/UGC-NET in specific area|
Step 1: Test Score (CAT/ GRE/ GMAT/ GATE/ JRF-UGC/ CSIR/ UGC-NET) cut-off to shortlist for PI.
Step 2: Fill application
Step 4: Interviews happen in the month of March/ April.
Step 5: Declare of results by the end of April. Merit List will be prepared based on Test Score, Personal Interview, Academic Qualification, and Relevant Work Experience, Research Aptitude & Publications, and Reference Letter.
The following criteria will be applied for preparing the merit list.For Academic profile, following will be the weights:
- 10th Standard: 5%
- 12th Standard: 5%
- Graduation: 10%
- Post-Graduation: 5%
- Test Score (10%)
- Personal Interview (50%)
- Work Experience (15%):
- Academic Qualification (25%):
Step 6: Course work begins in July
Financial Assistance (Scholarships)
- The fellowship covers all academic expenses (consisting of tuition, computer, library, placement, and alumni fees) and living expenses (comprising boarding and lodging).
|Year/ Stage||Stipend Amount (in Rupees) per month|
- Contingency Allowance: 40,000 per year.
- Purchase of Laptop: 50,000 one-time allowance
- For attending International and National Conferences: Up to 200000 during Ph.D. program after completion of comprehensive exam.
For further details please visit IIM Jammu Website: