Established in 1997, the Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, is situated on two hillocks in the Kunnamangalam Area of ancient city of Calicut in Kerala
It is truly living up to its motto of ‘Globalizing Indian Thought‘.
Ph.D. Program Overview
The Institute started its Fellow (Doctoral) Programme in Management in 2007 to complete full range of educational services expected from an Institution of higher learning. This programme provides rigorous, world-class, inter-disciplinary training in all areas of business management to equip students with the ability to conduct cutting-edge research of international standard. Our DPM graduates are crucial source for management researchers and faculty resources in top quality for academic institutions, industry, business, government and society.
Specialization/ Areas (7 Areas)
- Finance, Accounting & Control
- Information Systems
- Marketing Management
- Organizational Behaviour & Human Resources
- Quantitative Methods & Operations Management
- Strategic Management
One of the following qualifications is required as basic eligibility:
- Master’s or Post Graduate Diploma (2 yrs) with at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Professional qualifications of CA, ICWA and CS with B Com/Degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent.
- B Tech/ 4 year Degree with 6.5 CGPA or equivalent (for Marketing Management Area minimum 3 years relevant experience is required for applying)
|Economics||CAT, GMAT, GRE, UGC NET, IIMB Test|
|Finance, Accounting & Control||CAT, GMAT, GRE, UGC JRF#, GATE, IIMB Test (UGC-JRF in Management, Economics and Commerce only are considered)|
|Information Systems||CAT,GATE,GMAT,GRE, IIMB Test|
|Marketing Management||CAT, UGC JRF, GMAT and GRE|
|Organizational Behaviour & Human Resources||CAT, GMAT, GRE, UGC JRF, IIMB Test|
|Quantitative Methods & Operations Management||CAT, GMAT, GRE, UGC/CSIR JRF, GATE, IIMB Test|
|Strategic Management||CAT, GMAT, GRE, UGC JRF, GATE, IIMB Test|
Stage 1. Apply online
Stage 2: Respective areas will shortlisting of the candidates based on their profiles and scores
Stage 3. Candidates will be invited for a Personal Interview (and written tests for certain areas) at IIM Kozhikode.
- No Tuition Fees
|Year/ Stage||Stipend Amount (in Rupees) per month|
|Course work (1st and 2nd year)||35000|
|After clearing the comprehensive exam||37500|
|Thesis Proposal Approval by the Thesis Advisory Committee||40000|
- additional financial support is available through the following
|Contingency grant (1-4 years)||Rs. 120000||purchasing hardware, software, books and for meeting photocopying expenses.|
- Support to attend International Conference/Workshop
- National Conference grants of up to Rs. 20,000
- International Conferences, the Institute subsidizes expenses subject to a ceiling of Rs. 175000
*a lot is dependent on the performance of the candidate.
- Free boarding and lodging on campus (FPM Hostel).
- Limited accommodation for married participants may be available on the campus on payment basis