Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Sambalpur, an Institute of national importance aims at imparting management education through an unconventional and novel approach. The growth of businesses depends on the application of paradigm of knowledge which always demands innovation and creativity. Its vision is to be an Institute par Excellence in nurturing Responsible Leaders with an Entrepreneurial Mindset
About PhD Programme
IIM Sambalpur is commencing its second batch of the doctoral programme leading to “Doctorate of Philosophy” (Ph.D) degree, in the academic year 2020-21. This PhD Programe of IIM Sambalpur recognizes the importance of research and embodies commitment towards a world-class management research Institute and preparing individuals for faculty positions at leading universities across the globe.
- Four years and extended up to 6 years subject to permission.
- Candidates having a one/two/three-year full-time classroom-based PGDM/PGP from any of the IIMs or MBA from IITs / FMS Delhi / XLRI / NITIE or MBA /PGDM from reputed institutions or universities carrying International accreditation (EFMD / AACSB / AMBA) would be exempted from the first-year course work.
AREA OF SPECIALIZATION:
1. Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Management
2. Finance & Accounting Management
3. Production and Operation Management
5. Policy & Strategic Management
6. Information System Management
7. Marketing Management
Candidates applying for PhD programme are required to take Common Admission Test (CAT)
a standard test in lieu of CAT such as GRE/GATE/GMAT/JRF (UGC/CSIR)
Selection will be based on Test Score, Personal Interview, Academic Qualifications, Relevant work experience, Research Aptitude, Publications and Reference Letter.
The candidate must hold
1. Master’s Degree (i.e. Bachelor’s Degree obtained in 10+2+3 pattern, followed by a Master’s Degree) or Post Graduate Diploma (2 years) in any discipline or Integrated (Dual) Degree from IITs/IIMs/Other reputed Universities, with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade point average in the Bachelor’s as well as 60% in the Master’s Degree.
2. A professional qualification like CA, ICWA, CS with B. Com Degree, with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade point average in the Professional degree as well as in the B. Com Degree.
3. A 4-year/8-semester Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (B.E/B.Tech/B.Sc Engineering/B. Arch) with at least 6.5 cumulative grade point average (CGPA) or equivalent percent marks.
- All academic expenses including tuition, computer, library, medical insurance, placement and alumni fees.
|Year/ Stage||Subsistence Allowance|
|1st year/Slab A||35000|
|2nd year/Slab B||40000|
- HRA Allowance for bachelor accommodation/ may be for married accommodation
For further details please visit IIM Sambalpur Website: