IIM Kashipur | Ph.D. Programme Overview
About IIM Kashipur
The Indian Institute of Management Kashipur is a new entrant in the elite league of IIMs. The institute is set up with the objective of providing quality management education while sensitizing students towards the needs of society. IIM Kashipur commenced operations in July 2011 under the mentorship of IIM Lucknow. The Institute believes in a strong industry connection and has invested in developing relationships with local industries.
Ph.D./ FPM Programme
IIM Kashipur’s Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) is a full time residential doctoral programme designed to address the academic and research needs of professionals.
The objectives of the programme are:
- To encourage scholars to carry out research in the field of management, leading to publication in internationally reputed research journals and finding solutions of real world management problems.
- To equip scholars with necessary understanding and skills to identify and research on complex issues in the field of management.
- To develop expertise among prospective scholars for careers in management research and teaching and thereby to address the shortage of high quality management faculty in the country.
Areas/ Specialization (Areas 9)
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resource and Organizational Behaviour
- Information Technology and Systems
- Operations Management and Decision Sciences
- Public Policy and Governance
Candidates should have
- A master’s degree in any discipline with at least 60% marks or equivalent grade point average.
- A professional qualification – CA/ICWA/CS with graduation degree with at least 60% marks or equivalent
- 4 years / 8 semester bachelor’s degree (B.E./B. Tech./B. Arch. etc.) with at least 6.5 CGPA or equivalent percentage.
Note: In addition to the above academic eligibility, minimum 60 percent marks in Secondary (Class X) and Senior Secondary (Class XII) is required.
Work experience in industry or academics (in reputed organizations), though not mandatory, will be given due credit in the selection process. The work experience as full-time executives or as management teachers in an organization/institution of repute is only considered as a valid experience.
Step 1: Appear for CAT/ or any test (GMAT / GRE / GATE/ UGC-NET/JRF in lieu of CAT
|Communications||CAT / GMAT / GRE/ UGC JRF in relevant discipline.|
|Economics||CAT / GMAT / GRE/ UGC JRF in relevant discipline.|
|Finance and Accounting||CAT / GMAT / GRE / UGC JRF in relevant discipline.|
|Human Resource and Organizational Behaviour||CAT / GMAT / GRE / UGC JRF in relevant discipline|
|Information Technology and Systems||CAT / GMAT / GRE / GATE/ UGC JRF in relevant discipline.|
|Marketing||CAT / GMAT / GRE/ UGC JRF in relevant discipline.|
|Operations Management and Decision Sciences||CAT / GMAT / GRE / GATE/ UGC JRF in relevant discipline|
|Public Policy and Governance||CAT / GMAT / GRE/ UGC JRF in relevant discipline|
|Strategy||CAT/ GRE/ GMAT/UGC JRF in any discipline in relevant discipline|
Step 2: Fill application (application opens for 2-3 months: November- January). An applicant can apply at most to two different areas of specialization.
Step 3: Application review
Step 4: Interviews happen in the month of March/ April. The selection panel will assess the suitability of the candidates for research work based on the portfolio of the candidate. The committee will look into a consistently good academic record, professional accomplishments, research interest etc.
Step 5: Declare of results by the end of April. Category-wise and Academic Area-wise merit list will be generated based on the performance in the Personal Interviews and the provisional admission offers will be made.
Step 6: Course work begins in July
That’s the start of a roller coaster ride. Have fun during the process.
- No fee is charged for the FPM.
- Free residential accommodation
- Hostel/mess fees on pro-rata basis
- For married participants additional amount of Rs.5000/m will be reimbursed on production of rent receipt.
- Financial support is also provided for international and national conferences (as per FPM Policy).
- Each scholar is given the financial support as follows:
|Year 1||Rs 30,000 p.m.|
|Year 2||Rs 30,000 p.m.|
|Year 3||Rs 33,000 p.m.|
|Year 4||Rs 35,000 p.m.|
|Contingency grant||Rs 25,000 p.a.|
|Equipment grant||Rs 50,000 (one time)|
After successful completion of coursework of first two years, scholars take a CE (Comprehensive Examination) to be administered by the respective areas of specialization in third year.
After passing the comprehensive examination the scholar will start working on his/her FPM dissertation under the guidance of a Thesis Advisory Committee (TAC). The dissertation will be evaluated by a panel of experts from within and outside the Institute. The scholar also has to defend his/her thesis in a public defense in presence of panel of examiners.
The FPM scholar is required to publish/obtain written acceptance of at least two research papers in reputed peer reviewed journals (as validated by thesis advisory committee members) before he/she can be awarded the title ‘Fellow of Indian Institute of Management Kashipur’.
Award of Title
Scholars, after completion of all the requirements of the programme, will be awarded the title “Doctor of Philosophy”.
For further details please visit IIM Kashipur website: