IIM Shillong | Ph.D. Programme Overview
About IIM S
Located in the green contours of North Eastern part of the country, IIM Shillong which commenced operations in 2008, remains committed to its goal of excellence in management education and research so as to evolve into a nationally and internationally recognized educational institution. Besides high quality standards and academic rigor, which are considered as the hallmark of an IIM, in IIM Shillong there is also emphasis on the ever growing significance of sustainable development and business practices. The Institute strives to impart to its students ethical values, compassionate behaviour, and concern for society.
Ph.D. Programme Overview
Through the programme the Institute aims to develop a cadre of management thought leaders who are willing to commit themselves to strive for managerial excellence and such values for a Sustainable world. The Ph.D. program primarily aims at providing individuals with ample opportunities to explore critical issues in management, identify opportunities for new frameworks and form new insights. The program offers opportunities for carrying out advanced interdisciplinary research in all fields of management education and practice.
Areas/ Specialization (8 Areas)
· Economics and Public Policy
· Marketing Management
· Finance and Accounting
· Information Systems
· Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques
· Organisational Behaviour, Human Resource and Communication
· Strategic Management
· Sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility & Ethics
Candidates should have:
- A Masters’ degree or its equivalent in any discipline with minimum 60% aggregate Marks/equivalent CGPA for General Candidates (including EWS), 55% aggregate marks/ equivalent CGPA for SC/ST Candidates.
CA, ICWA/CMA or CS with B. Com /similar degree
- Additionally, each applicant needs to qualify Secondary, Higher Secondary and Graduation Examination with minimum 60% aggregate marks/ equivalent CGPA for General Candidates, 50% aggregate marks/ equivalent CGPA for SC/ST Candidates.
Candidates require a valid test score either of GMAT, GRE, CAT, GATE, or JRF (NET) score to be considered for admission.
Stage 1. Download the application, Fill it and send it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Stage 2: Shortlisting of the candidates based on their profiles and scores
Stage 3. Candidates will be invited for Evaluation/ Personal Interview at IIM Shillong.
Candidates selected for the full time Doctoral Programme are given a financial support which covers their research requirements and modest living.
|Year/ Stage||Stipend Amount (in Rupees) per month|
|Course work (1st and 2nd year)||30000|
|After clearing the comprehensive exam||35000|
|Thesis Proposal Approval by the Thesis Advisory Committee||35000|
Who should apply for the program?
The program is designed for those who are looking to pursue immersive research so as to develop new knowledge and insights in the Management discipline.