About IIM Sirmaur
The Indian Institute of Management Sirmaur is nineteenth in the prestigious IIM family of management schools to be established in India. IIM Sirmaur strives to deliver quality education, training and research in Management in an enabling environment, with a focus on indigenous areas and innovative practices, to develop sensitive corporate leaders and entrepreneurs of tomorrow. The primary vision is to polish skills, tap potential and provide direction to churn out professionals who all the time remember prime objective of serving the needs and promoting the spirit to make societies better places to transact honest business.
Ph.D./ FPM Overview
Indian Institute of Management Sirmaur offers full-time residential Ph.D. (FPM) programme in various areas of specializations in the field of management studies. The Ph.D. programme aims to fulfill the following objectives:
- To train doctoral participants to undertake rigorous research in their respective areas of specialization and thereby contribute to the advancement of management education and research
- To prepare scholars for universities, management schools, research institutions and other organizations where advanced research capabilities are required
- To be recognized among the leading research institutions in the world in the field of management and related areas
- To promote indigenous research that addresses real problems of community and policy management.
Specialization/ Areas (5 Areas)
- Organizational Behaviour & Human Resources Management
- Operations Management & Decision Sciences
- IT & Systems
- Strategic Management
- Applicants who fulfil the eligibility criteria stated above are required to take Common Admission Test (CAT) held by the IIMs.
- Alternatively, those who have a valid GMAT/GRE/GATE/JRF (NET) score/certificate can also apply in the relevant area of specialization.
Candidates should have
- A Master’s Degree with 55 percent marks (preceded by Bachelor’s degree obtained in 10+2+3 pattern with 60 percent marks
- A 5-year Integrated Master’s Degree with at least 55 percent marks (obtained after completing higher secondary schooling in 10+2 pattern) in any discipline
- A professional qualification like CA, ICWA, CS, with at least 50 percent marks
- A 4 year / 8 semester’s Bachelor’s degree (10+2+4 pattern) with at least 6.5 CGPA.
The applicants short-listed on the basis of their academic record and performance in the competitive examinations mentioned above will be called for a personal interview for final selection
Other financial support made available to students includes:
- No Tuition Fees
- Stipend Rs 30,000 per month for 5 years to cover their living expenses.
- Post-Proposal stipend Rs 32,000 per month.
- HRA for those who live off-campus, monthly: Rs. 5000
- additional financial support is available through the following
|Contingency grant (annual, in years 2-5)||Rs. 25000||purchasing hardware, software etc.|
|Start-up grant (in Year 1)||Rs 60,000.||purchasing hardware, software etc.|
- Support to attend International Conference/Workshop
- National Conference grants of up to Rs. 20,000 per year from 1st year to 5th year
- International Conferences, grants of Rs 2, 00,000 over 5 years
For further details please visit IIM Sirmaur website: