Established in 2009, IIM Udaipur aims to set a new benchmark in the field of management education by combining excellence in both teaching and research. The Institute strives to make a real difference to the region, forging strong relationships with local NGOs and government and working closely with industry on live projects, internships, guest lectures, faculty research, and many events throughout the academic year.
The IIM PhD Program is IIM Udaipur’s doctoral level program designed for students with strong academic credentials who aspire to undertake demanding original research. Students earning a PhD in management from IIM Udaipur will be well-equipped for a calling in the academia, especially with the increasing focus on continued research throughout the career.
Areas/ Specialization (4 areas)
- Operations Management
- Finance & Accounting
- Organizational Behavior & Human Resources Management
|Areas||Test/ RAT||Personal interview|
|Operations Management||Research Aptitude Test (Mathematics, Probability and Statistics, Operations Research, Research Paper analysis||PI|
|Finance & Accounting||Research Aptitude Test (Mathematics, Probability and Statistics, Finance and Accounting, Research Paper analysis||PI|
|Marketing||CAT/GMAT/GRE/NET-JRF in Economics/ Psychology/Sociology/Anthropology/Management (Shortlisting and Call for PI)||PI and model/ framework to critique|
|Organizational Behavior & Human Resources Management||CAT/GMAT/GATE/GRE/NET-JRF in relevant discipline (Shortlisting and Call for PI)||PI|
Candidates are eligible to apply for the PhD program if they fulfil the following criteria:
- A Master’s Degree in any discipline, with at least 55 percent marks, AND a Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification with at least 50 percent marks (minimum three years of bachelor’s level education after the completion of higher secondary schooling).
- A professional qualification (completed) such as CA (ICAI), ICWA, CS with a Bachelor’s degree
- A 4-year/8-semester Bachelor’s degree with 6.5 CGPA or equivalent.
- Tuition Waiver for the entire program.
|Year/ Stage||Stipend Amount (in Rupees) per month (based on 10% increment every year)|
|5th year (maximum)||43923|
- Contingency Grant: Rs. 50000
|Year/ Stage||Amount (in Rupees) per year|
|5th year (maximum)||25000|
- Grant for laptop: Rs. 50000 (one time)
- Research funds: Rs. 150000 (conducting their dissertation-related research)
- Conference Support
|Event (conferences/ seminars)||Amount|
|National||Rs. 20000 per year|
|International (outside India)||Rs. 200000 (a total over a period of four years|